Thursday, June 13, 2013

Blogation


"Did you ever notice that the first piece of luggage on the carousel never belongs to anyone?"
 Erma Bombeck 


Wheels up! Here we go again.  As the realization of departure sets, in I have a hankering to blog. Maybe the travel and the blogging belong together?  Perhaps that's why its taken me nine months to get back into it.   

Everything is in storage, the place is down to its bare bones, all the clutter is gone - just the suitcases left.  I must say it feels good to be lighter.  Hawaii first for 10 days, although I'm a long way from hearing the ukelele.  Then Brizzy, Australia.  Maybe I'll find my inner dumb blonde sheila Aloha on the plane?  

North Shore, Oahu will be a new experience for me and the kids, but Greg knows his way around so I'm happy to bounce from plate lunch to plate lunch and see what comes up.  The kids have a very specific idea of what Hawaii is like although they have never been there.  It will be interesting to see if expectation matches reality.  What do I know?  Not much.  I see Hawaiian dolls on dashboards and feel as wobbly as they do.


I've been to Brisbane before of course.  Although its going to be quite the journey for me, back to a place I haven't been in over 20 years.  I know its going to have changed, I have.  



"I am as young as the most beautiful wish in my heart - and as old as all the unfulfilled longings in my life..." 
ElderlyKung Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment